Wednesday, November 20, 2013

How I Navigate the Blogging World Part 1

Let's be real.. There's A LOT of stuff on the internet.  I go to it for lots of answers, inspirations, news, entertainment, pretty much you name it, you can find it on the internet. It's no secret the blogging world is big (read BIG) now a days, and if you are interested in fashion, beauty, crafting, or cooking (oh my!) it can be quite overwhelming deciphering what you're reading, if a certain look will work for you, or if this craft will really pan out like Pinterest says it will.  Since I read a lot of different blogs, mainly for inspiration, I thought it might be fun to let you all know how I scan each blog, and decide what I want to try, do, or make!

Beauty Vlogs/Blogs:

These are tricky.  Most anything beauty will be "Vlogged" which means that most strict beauty bloggers will have a You Tube channel to show tutorials and reviews on the most current beauty products and trendy makeup looks.  When I am looking for a beauty insider to follow, I like to learn a bit more about them from their blog/vlog posts, and see if they are like me in any way.  For example, if I am looking into finding a great hair blog/vlog, I don't want to watch one that features a blonde blogger with dry hair.  The products she uses will not be beneficial to me, as I have slightly oily, dark hair.  While her tutorials and reviews may be great, I won't be able to relate, so I won't waste time watching her tutorials, or reading her reviews.  If I am looking to buy one of the products mentioned in a vlog, I like to see if the other vloggers I follow have similar raves about the product before I purchase it.  This helps to dodge an impulse purchase and buyer's remorse (because believe me, these beauty vloggers do some SERIOUS shopping).

Fashion Blogs:

My favorite :)  I use a slightly different approach when deciding which fashion blogs I want to follow.  If I like your style, I will follow you.  I tend to be drawn to the more preppy style blogs, just because I like the buttoned up look.  I do follow a few that have a more ethereal, hippie style, because let's be honest, who doesn't love Free People or Anthropolgie.  Most bloggers that I follow wear all the name brand stuff (which I cannot afford :) )  I like to draw inspiration from them, and try to find similar pieces for cheaper.  Especially if it's a trendy piece.  There are lots of fashion blogs out there, but I think if you know what your style is, or what style you are looking to achieve you can find some great ones to draw inspiration from.  

Check out my "Weekly Reads" page to see some of my favorites!

I will be posting Part 2 of this sometime this week.  I also read crafting, cooking, and fitness blogs, so stay tuned for my thoughts on those!  Hope everyone is having a great week!

*Love*

Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment