Friday, November 22, 2013

How I Navigate The Blogging World Part 2

As Promised, here is part 2.  While I do follow beauty and fashion blogs, I also follow fitness, crafting, and lifestyle blogs.  Sometimes if you're lucky one blog will feature all of these!

Fitness Blogs:  I use the same principals here that I use when choosing a beauty blog.  I like to follow people with the same health and fitness goals that I have, and I also like simple, and quick tips when it comes to what I look for in a fitness blog.  Another great thing is when the fitness blogger features healthy recipes.  I love to cook, and if I can do it in a healthy way that's even better!

Cooking Blogs:  I tend to follow cooking blogs that feature quick and easy meals.  If you know me, you know how crazy I am about my crock pot.  It's also important to me to know the nutritional value of whatever it is that I cook, so I like when a blog tells that information as well.  And of course, like most women these days, I draw LOTS of inspiration for recipes from Pinterest.  

Crafting Blogs:  I have a confession when it comes to crafting.  I'm pretty terrible at it.  I have awesome ideas, but when it comes to actually "crafting" it, that's where the issue comes.  I think I mainly have a confidence problem when it comes to crafting because I feel the craft won't turn out exactly like I want it.  That's why when I look to follow a crafting blog, their tutorials on projects have to be EXTREMELY CLEAR.  I have to know each and every step, each and every product used, and I need pictures.  Bonus points if there's a You Tube video to go with it.  This also makes me dislike Pinterest at times.  Pinterest is the world's worst for having a pin on their site for a craft tutorial that goes no where! That's really frustrating to me.  So the more clear you are in your crafting tutorial, the better it is (for me at least).  I love rustic decor crafting blogs, and blogs that repurpose things.  I love being able to take what you already have and reuse it for something totally different.  I think it's so cool. 

This concludes my take on how I navigate through the blogging world.  I apologize for being slightly long winded, but I really feel it's important that if you decide to start choosing blogs to read, or even decide to start a blog yourself, that you know what you are looking for.  There's a lot of info out there, just have to weed through it.  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Lots of cool stuff coming next week, featuring fashion and beauty!

*Love*
Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment